The Crime Prevention Website


Although there is a huge wealth of advice on this website to help you with your home security it is perfectly understandable that some people would much rather meet with an experienced and independent consultant to discuss their security needs.

After a number of requests for my services last year I decided to offer a consultancy service to home owners and home renters living within a reasonable distance of my home in the London Borough of Hillingdon.

I served thirty years in the Metropolitan Police and many of these were spent as a specialist in crime prevention. You can read about my professional experience in About the Author. In that time I visited and advised many hundreds of people and even wrote books and guides about the subject.

So what should you expect from my service?

Once you have confirmed your requirement for my services and agreed the terms and my fixed fee I will carry out the following tasks

  • Prior to my visit I will analyse the crime levels in your local area so we know more about the frequency and type of crime that is more prevalent and how the volumes compare to the wider area
  • I will visit you in your home and work through a number of questions so that I gain a thorough understanding of your personal circumstances
  • I shall carry out a detailed inspection of the property and take photos where necessary
  • During the visit I shall point out any areas of weakness I discover
  • I shall prepare a written report with recommendations, which will be sent to you by email within five working days
  • Afterwards, I will be available to deal with any questions that arise from the report and to offer further guidance via the telephone and email
  • As I am an independent consultant I do not recommend specific companies to carry out the work you might require, but I will point you towards security standards, trade bodies and associations to find the services you need
  • My service is strictly confidential
  • I can provide references if requested
  • I carry both public liability and professional indemnity insurances  

Should you require my services please use the contact page of this website. My fees will depend on the size of the property I am to inspect and the distance I shall have to travel.

The areas I currently cover are:

  • Bedfordshire
  • Berkshire
  • Buckinghamshire
  • Greater London
  • Hampshire
  • Hertfordshire
  • Oxfordshire
  • Surrey
  • West Sussex
  • Wiltshire